Now with pizza!
Top 10 Sweetest Attractions In the US- “The World Famous Sweet Tooth Tour” may have the Big Apple as its backdrop, but it’s a distinctly fruit-free experience. This three-hour guided expedition takes in some of the city’s greatest spots for cookies, cupcakes, candy and more — and part of the fun lies in not knowing where the magical mystery tour of munching will move on to next. Those seeking a truly cool experience can also sign up for the two-hour “Ice Cream, You Scream” tour and satiate their appetites for the cold and creamy stuff. Advance booking is required; tickets for “The World Famous Sweet Tooth Tour”.
We start with a pizza stop followed by sweets. This tour received special commendation from TripAdvisor as the #3 Sweetest Attraction in the USA in 2010 (we believe the only time they have published this list). And we beat out famous sweet spots like M&M World in Las Vegas and Ben & Jerry’s in Vermont. Satisfy your sweet tooth each spring and summer like a New Yorker! Experience the great spots where New Yorkers’ kids can be kids and adults become kids all over again. Tour usually runs on weekend days on a limited basis during spring and summer. Allow 4 hours. Tour meets inside Pennsylvania (Penn) Station. One ride or unlimited MetroCard or OMNY required for the tour. Add one ride if you are using the subway after the tour. Tour ends in the Lower East Side neighborhood of Manhattan. Tour is a spring/summer only tour.
This is a scheduled public tour with individual ticket sales and each guest requires a ticket. Because this is a sweets tour toilet stops are limited. The calendar code of this tour is WFST. This tour is also available to be booked as private or group tour by contacting Food On Foot Tours directly.
We are a QUALITY FRESH FOOD EATING TOUR. We are not a sampling, gourmet, food preparation or history tour. We talk about the neighborhoods to give you a flavor (we had to do it) of the area but we are all about the eating and meeting others. You choose what you like at each stop and how much with either a ticket with a food credit included or you can pay-as-you-go. Most people spend about $20 per person on the tours but more on this tour as people often buy gifts or take items home. All our stops are a surprise. The anticipation is part of the fun. We want you to experience the city the way New Yorkers. We are a true meet mingle tour. We designed the tours to give you time to take in real non-tourist New York neighborhoods in a relaxed manner while meeting others.
- This tour includes walking and the subway. A subway pass or OMNY payment is required.
- All our tours end within walking distance of the subway.
- You choose what you like and how much at every stop. You eat WHAT YOU LIKE!
- Our tours go up to 40 people and are designed differently than a standard food tour.
- Our tours are surprise tours. We don’t tell you the stops because the anticipation of the next stop is more fun.
- Our stops are brick and mortar (storefronts). We do not go to food trucks.
- Our stops are all local and sometimes small.
- This tour has one food stop and at least four sweet stops and includes all sweet stops.
- Tours are rain or shine.
- Most stops do not have seating, especially on this tour because most of the tour is sweet stops but we will accommodate you if needed, when possible.
- Be prepared to spend extra as guests often buy items for later, for gifts or to take home.
- Meeting points are clearly noted and simple directions are given on your confirmation to help you meet the group. This tour meets inside Pennsylvania (Penn) Station. Two rides including return are needed for this tour. Exact meeting point is on your confirmation.
- Your confirmation is your ticket. The tour guide will have a list with your name. There are no physical tickets.
- You must arrive at 15 minutes early for check-in.
- Since we are dealing with transit, tour times are realistic estimates only.
- Unlike some tours our guide will not just leave you. At the end of the tour your guide will give you directions (by subway or walking) to your next stop. Tour lengths listed do not include return to your next stop once the tour ends.
- Because these are not restaurants toilet stops may not be available. We recommend you leave extra time at arrival to use the facilities at or near whatever location we are meeting at.
- This tour is handicapped accessible by arranging a meeting point in advance at a location after the group exits the subway.
- We offer different ticket levels. No matter what ticket you pick you choose what you like on the tour.
- If you are getting tickets through a partner program, only the type of tickets offered by that program are valid for that tour. Tickets CANNOT be changed once purchased. TICKETS ARE CONSIDERED A PURCHASE. WE DO NOT ACCEPT RESERVATIONS. Check your program for details and requirements. Your booking agreement also has those details. All partner program tickets require a cancellation fee if there is a cancellation option offered.
- Most stops take credit cards but we recommend having at least twenty dollars cash in person in smaller bills as a back-up.
- Tickets are sold via our website and we recommend advance purchase as tours often sell out. Walk-ups are welcome based on availability for Gold Tickets only. Walk-up tickets are cash only and exact change is required. Meeting point is noted on the website calendar, not the booking calendar, by clicking on this tour.