We head west for an away-from-the-crowds New York eats tour. Tour usually runs as a lunch tour from mid-March to mid-December. Allow about 3.5 hours. Tour meets near 8th Av. at 50th St. One ride or unlimited MetroCard or OMNY is required for the tour but NO SUBWAY RIDE is required in 2023. Tour ends near Times Square in Manhattan.
This is a scheduled public tour with individual ticket sales and each guest requires a ticket. Public tours do not run during winter from early January to mid-March but you can book a private tour based on availability. The calendar code of this tour is GWst. This tour is also available to be booked as private or group tour by contacting Food On Foot Tours directly. This tour is not currently using the subway. When we return to the subway a MetroCard (subway pass) or per-ride OMNY (One Metro New York) contactless credit, debit, reloadable prepaid card or digital wallet on your mobile phone payment system is required.
We are a QUALITY FRESH FOOD EATING TOUR. We are not a sampling, gourmet, food preparation or history tour. We talk about the neighborhoods to give you a flavor (we had to do it) of the area but we are all about the eating and meeting others. You choose what you like at each stop and how much with either a ticket with a food credit included or you can pay-as-you-go (most people spend about $20 per person on the tours). The tour will replace a meal and maybe two meals if you’re really full. There’ll be plenty of food on the tour. All our stops are a surprise. The anticipation is part of the fun. We want you to experience the city the way New Yorkers do at the smaller authentic places where locals eat. There are sometimes waits at each stop while food is prepared and all our guests finish. That’s why we are a true meet mingle tour. We designed the tours to give you time to take in real non-tourist New York neighborhoods in a relaxed manner while meeting others.
Helpful Tips For Go West Food On Foot Tour
- This tour includes walking. A subway pass or OMNY payment is NOT required in 2023.
- All our tours end within walking distance of the subway.
- You choose what you like and how much at every stop. You eat WHAT YOU LIKE!
- Our tours go up to 40 people and are designed differently than a standard food tour.
- Our tours are surprise tours. We don’t tell you the stops because the anticipation of the next stop is more fun.
- Our stops are brick and mortar (storefronts). We do not go to food trucks.
- Our stops are all local and sometimes small.
- This tour has a minimum of four stops and includes one or more sweet stops.
- All or most stops have vegetarian options depending on the tour. We cannot guarantee vegan options.
- Gluten free options are available at some but not all stops. Check with us before you book because tour stops can change.
- Tours are rain or shine.
- Not all stops have seating but we will accommodate you if needed, when possible.
- Come hungry and eat a light breakfast. This tour runs most often as an early lunch/lunch tour.
Meeting The Tour
Accessibility, Transportation & Tickets
- Meeting points are clearly noted and simple directions are given on your confirmation to help you meet the group. Tour meets outside on W. 50th St. near 8th Av. Exact meeting point is on your confirmation.
- Your confirmation is your ticket. The tour guide will have a list with your name. There are no physical tickets.
- This tour requires no subway ride in 2023. During other times you must show up with your subway pass or payment ready system. Tours will not wait for you to purchase your card. It is not fair to people who show up on time to be waiting.
- You must arrive 15 minutes early for check-in. If you do not, you risk missing the tour and we do not issue refunds under ANY circumstances. Our tickets are the same as any concert, performance or sporting event. They do not issue refunds if you don’t show up or are late and neither do we.
- Since we are dealing with restaurants and transit, tour times are realistic estimates only.
- Unlike some tours our guide will not just leave you. At the end of the tour your guide will give you directions (by subway or walking) to your next stop. Tour lengths listed do not include return to your next stop once the tour ends.
- We always have at least one stop with a toilet but we recommend you leave extra time at arrival to use the facilities at or near whatever location we are meeting at. Accessible public toilets cannot be guaranteed at the meeting point.
- This tour is handicapped accessible. Since we do not have our own facilities, we must work within the parameters of the city itself to accommodate special requests. You must contact us before you purchase your tickets to see if we can accommodate you.
- We offer different ticket levels based on cancellation options and whether you’d like food included or you’d prefer to pay-as-you-go. No matter what ticket you pick you choose what you like on the tour.
- If you choose a pay-as-you go ticket or have any ticket where food is not included or we recommend having at least twenty dollars cash in person in smaller bills.
- If you are getting tickets through a partner program, only the type of tickets offered by that program are valid for that tour. Tickets CANNOT be changed once purchased. TICKETS ARE CONSIDERED A PURCHASE. WE DO NOT ACCEPT RESERVATIONS. Check your program for details and requirements. Your booking agreement also has those details. All partner program tickets require a cancellation fee if there is a cancellation option offered.
- Tickets are sold via our website and we recommend advance purchase as tours often sell out. Walk-ups are welcome based on availability for Gold Tickets only. Walk-up tickets are cash only and exact change is required. Meeting point is noted on the website calendar, not the booking calendar, by clicking on this tour.